1. New enterprises in the Deshan Economic Development Zone will simply pay two administrative fees for the investment project: a labour insurance fund and a quality supervision fee (1% and 1% of their construction and installation costs respectively). As for the local enterprise income tax, they will enjoy a preferential tax policy of “two items free and three items reduced”. Other taxes on major projects will vary in accordance with the project concerned after direct negotiation with the parties involved.
2. The Zone will provide newcomer enterprises with land and seven “supplies” (supply of water, waste water discharge facilities, electricity, telecommunication, natural gas, heating apparatus and roads - conditions ripe for further economic development) in accordance with the design after examination and approval, as well as funding assistance in accordance with the type of industry, technology and contribution to Changde.
3. Local private capital investment in new industrial enterprise is encouraged. If the invested capital is more than 5 million Yuan, the enterprise’s legal entity will be awarded 2% of its gross investment after the new enterprise has been operating smoothly for one year. The upper limit of this award is 2 million Yuan.
4. Technical reconstruction and expansion programs are encouraged. If the invested capital for technical reconstruction and expansion programs is more than 2 million Yuan, enterprise leaders will be awarded 2% of the investment value, with an upper limit of 2 million Yuan.
5. Technology innovation is encouraged. 100,000 Yuan will be awarded to the principals and technicians involved in each enterprise if the new products are marketable, technology-intensive, with independent intellectual property rights, and regarded as a state-level technology innovation project, or project of national innovation foundation for SMEs or officially declared to be state-level new products. A total sum of 50,000 Yuan will be awarded to the principals of each enterprise and the technicians-in-charge if their products are officially declared to be province-level new products or province-level technological innovation projects. A total sum of 30,000 Yuan, 20,000 Yuan, and 10,000 Yuan will be awarded respectively to the technicians-in-charge if they are awarded first, second or third prize for city-level science and technology advancement. A total sum of 100,000 Yuan will be awarded to those who are awarded the city-level star of science and technology. A total sum of 300,000 Yuan will be awarded to those who have established state-level engineering centers or state-level technology centers. A total sum of 100,000 Yuan will be awarded to those who have established province-level engineering centers or province-level technology centers.
6. Well-known products or well-known brands are encouraged. A total sum of 300,000 Yuan will be awarded to the leading members of the enterprise whose products are officially declared to be nationally well-known trademarks, a national geographical indicator or a Chinese ‘famous brand’ product. A total sum of 50,000 Yuan will be awarded to the leading members of the enterprise whose products are officially declared to be provincially well-known trademarks or famous brand products. Awards will be in accordance with the highest honour if the same product is entitled to many honors.
7. Development and expansion of industrial enterprises are encouraged. A total sum of 50,000 Yuan will be awarded to the enterprise’s legal representative when the annual sales revenue reaches 100 million Yuan with the actual tax collected above 5 per cent of the sales revenue and the like. A total sum of 20,000 Yuan will be awarded to the enterprise’s legal representative when it is first listed among the above-scale enterprises in statistics.
8. Financial institutions’ support to the development of local enterprises is encouraged. Team members of the financial institutions will be awarded by the City Government in accordance with the financial institutions’ annual net claims for the loans to industrial enterprises and in proportion to the amount of their loans to enterprises recommended by the City Government.
9. Raising funds from the stock market are encouraged. A total sum of 1 million yuan and 1.5 million yuan will be respectively awarded to the enterprises that are listed in the stock markets at home and abroad.